ZeddOTak

Naïca Update: Equipment drop rate, races elixirs and more

Greetings adventurer!

We gathered your feedback during the past few weeks and we've come to agree with you: the equipment drop rate is too high. Your bag is filled with equipment you won't use, you sell it to the nearest merchant or worse, you destroy it. No trade is being done between players and doing the dungeon over and over is not really interesting to you anymore.

To that, we bring several answers:

→ First, we are reducing the equipment drop rate everywhere: swamp, dungeon and mini-dungeon. Now in Pupuce chest, you may end up sometimes with no piece of equipment.

→ Second, now in the dungeon you only loot visible armor pieces of O'Barr.

→ Third, we are adding the mini-dungeon to Naïca (more info here), in which you are able to loot the amulet, rings and weapons of O'Barr.

→ Fourth, in the mini-dungeon you are able to loot ephemeral races elixirs called "Drop" (their effect last 10min). All races elixirs (ephemeral and permanent) are tradable between players.

→ Fifth, we are adding the level scaling in the mini-dungeon and we plan to use it everywhere in Naïca.

naica-mini-dungeon

We are also adding a few other things to the game: you won't see the loot bags of other players, prices have been fixed for every items and monsters animations are more fluid (we plan to do this later on for the skills too).

Let us know what you think about it, and see you on Naïca!

• Wow 1

I don't know if I should make a new topic or adress things about this update here:

- Drop rate: Maybe it went TOO low. I did 6 consecutive runs on Pupuce, only 1 drop. Did A LOT of mini dungeons in a week, only 2 equip drops and absolutely no potions. And being o'barr items untradeable it gets really frustrating.

Also on dungeon sugestions:

- Shouldn't pupuce steak and tentacles be worth more than 1cc in the shop? after all they're a lot more difficult to get than say, pungi pieces.

- Also Pupuce isn't granting a lot of xp, I've been stuck in lvl 22 for almost a week and I grind a lot.

• Thanks 1

Pupuce is lvl 19 he is not supposed to give a lvl 22(in a party so xp is split) alot of xp. lvl 19 mater shrooms on the map is what you should be grinding up to lvl 23 then the mini dungeon. at lvl 23 the main dungeon will give you 0xp until they make it dynamic like the mini. 

If the drop rate were any higher with the current gear prices I could make even more o f a mint of in game currency. I can make between 80-100k a day as it is with not much effort. 

Edited by DilBert
  • Wow 1

I think the drop rates of not-dungeon items is still high. I have a ton of spare equipment just by grinding grubs while I walk. 

But the dungeon drop rate is too low. Maybe now that there aren't many players it's more difficult to get five for a dungeon, let alone Six or ten runs for a single piece of equipment that may not even suit your build. Maybe when the game actually gets in the open It will be a lot easier to do dungeon runs. Just my point of view. 

dungeons drop rate are too low, don't forget that even if u get a drop, it doesnt mean it will be useful. you should feel rewarded in some way after killing a boss with four other fellas. this is not the case now.

Edited by Laur
spelling

On 10/21/2019 at 9:43 AM, DilBert said:

same drop rate for all drops.

That's what I mean, maybe there should be a different drop rate for dungeon bosses. Just a thought.