Reeser

PvP equip re-balancing and stats introduction

PVP equip re-balancing and stats introduction

Through the whole play through from level 15 to 24 I've noticed that there is really no way to be able to get onto PVP equip due to dungeon equip being way more access able, stronger, denser. It also has no benefit to get any PVP later on since it is not nearly as good as basic dungeon gear.

I recommend:

Introduce a PVP stat to the game wich gives a percentage more damage against Players and lowers your damage against mob enemies. Put it on PVP merchant equip only. It'll give PVP a purpose again and keep it away from just being a fun mechanic. But keep in mind that the PvP equip should have at least similar stats to the dungeon equip for that to work.

What also would work is to putting PVE and PVP stats completely apart. But thats rather radical.

Im sure many PVP fans would enjoy an update like that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Reeser said:

I recommend:

But keep in mind that the PvP equip should have at least similar stats to the dungeon equip for that to work.

I disagree, if they are going to have a pvp modifier then they can not have similar stats to pve gear, if they do they become the meta gear to have. For example if pvp gear were to give a 5% dmg or defense against players then the stats need to be 3% less than the dungeon/pve gear. Pvp set should be good for pvp and pve gear good for pve. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DilBert said:

I disagree, if they are going to have a pvp modifier then they can not have similar stats to pve gear, if they do they become the meta gear to have. For example if pvp gear were to give a 5% dmg or defense against players then the stats need to be 3% less than the dungeon/pve gear. Pvp set should be good for pvp and pve gear good for pve. 

I disagree with u on that. There would be again, no reason to work on pvp gear if dungeon gear is just as good.

Why not do pvp with dungeon gear then? It's way easier to get and that's why I'm talking about pvp buff with a pve debuff on them to make them only for pvp and not for pve. Leading to 2 different play styles players can choose from and in the end and it's adding way more content since you have to grind both if u want to do pve and pvp. 

But I would like it if you can give further detail why it should only have 2-3% higher stats (right now that would be 2-3 of the main Stat on an item) 

Edited by Reeser
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I agree with your idea.
Implementing equipment with different STATs for PVP is essential.
Also to make it more fun, you could add "runes", runes with additional STATs to be combined with those of weapons and armor.

5% bleeding
10% stunning

stun resistance
10% increase in ATK SPEED

Edited by Jeffkira
  • Like 1

I once played an MMO where PVE and PVP gear had different stats and bonuses (eg. 3 pieces of pve gear give 10% health, 5 pieces give another bonus,etc for pvp also). What ended up happening was people combining 3 pieces of PVE + 2 PVP and getting health + crit bonus. Giving equipment different bonuses will make balancing tougher but it will also open up some interesting options like combining sets.

Another side effect of combining sets would be a more balanced playerbase on pve:pvp.If the meta is half pvp set and half pve set you would have to grind both to get them and if time required is similar for both game modes it would make for a more diverse playing experience and healthier population of the PVE and PVP queues. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Wall said:

I once played an MMO where PVE and PVP gear had different stats and bonuses (eg. 3 pieces of pve gear give 10% health, 5 pieces give another bonus,etc for pvp also). What ended up happening was people combining 3 pieces of PVE + 2 PVP and getting health + crit bonus. Giving equipment different bonuses will make balancing tougher but it will also open up some interesting options like combining sets.

Another side effect of combining sets would be a more balanced playerbase on pve:pvp.If the meta is half pvp set and half pve set you would have to grind both to get them and if time required is similar for both game modes it would make for a more diverse playing experience and healthier population of the PVE and PVP queues. 

Yes that's right.

What not as hard to balance would be, are stats wich are important in PvP but not necessary in PvE.

Im talking about things like above: +X% damage against players Players but -X% damage against mobs, -X% crit dmg gained, +X% chance to ignore stun, etc. , etc. Making PvE and PvP 2 different sets not really combine able.

This will give PvP its own balancing system making it more independent and better to adjust over time, so PvE "Mains" and PvP "Mains" can both be happy. 

Edited by Reeser
  • Like 1