ZeddOTak

Dungeon feedback

Hey guys!

We just made Pupuce stronger (dungeon boss) since the dungeon itself seems pretty easy. We are trying to adjust it to a correct difficulty and we need your feedback, so please share it!

Thank you all ūüôā

I feel like buffs to Pupuce are good, they force the players to move around more than before when you could just stand around clicking spells. Melee users have to go in and out of the fight to stay alive (Though this is slightly annoying.) and Ranged users have to re position according to the bosses ranged attacks. I have also noticed that it is more important to manage your mana in the dungeon which is another level of difficulty. 

As far as the dungeon is concerned from what i've seen players tend to just run through it to grind epics which is fine, but if you are trying the dungeon for the first few times then you may want to grind the mobs for xp which is not really an option unless you want to make your teammates wait for quite a while and you can't experience the content of the dungeon after the boss has been killed because it automatically teleports you out.

One of the things that I personally don't like as a melee user is that if I die and can't make it back to the boss in time after it has been killed then the loot is simply lost to me, I think you should be able to respawn during the fight because it does take time to get back to the boss.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Moepop said:

I feel like buffs to Pupuce are good, they force the players to move around more than before when you could just stand around clicking spells. Melee users have to go in and out of the fight to stay alive (Though this is slightly annoying.) and Ranged users have to re position according to the bosses ranged attacks. I have also noticed that it is more important to manage your mana in the dungeon which is another level of difficulty. 

As far as the dungeon is concerned from what i've seen players tend to just run through it to grind epics which is fine, but if you are trying the dungeon for the first few times then you may want to grind the mobs for xp which is not really an option unless you want to make your teammates wait for quite a while and you can't experience the content of the dungeon after the boss has been killed because it automatically teleports you out.

One of the things that I personally don't like as a melee user is that if I die and can't make it back to the boss in time after it has been killed then the loot is simply lost to me, I think you should be able to respawn during the fight because it does take time to get back to the boss.

Have to take into consideration that this dungeon is just lvling and gearing content. lvl 18-20 max is who will be running it at release. It should be easy content for lvl 22-23+ because they will be moved on. If you make it a challenge for them the 18-20s will have to lvl up to 22-23+ instead of going to next area. This dungeon is not endgame content and can not be treated as such. 

• Like 4

Since this isn't an endgame dungeon and people just sprint through the first area I would recommend either removing the first area and just having a path to the boss, or if you want people to fight and have some more fun maybe consider making a small fight at the end of area one. Maybe we can encounter Pupuce gaurds and even get some extra loot? Might be something to consider since sprinting through the dungeon over and over and getting multiple items with stats not useful for your class gets boring/frustrating. To fix that part you could always have a scrapping system that lets you turn those "bad" items into something more useful via a vendor, even if its just the orange rarity it's better than grinding for a really long time for a decent set just to help you continue leveling. Other than that the boss looks cool and is fun to fight I would even considering upping the damage of his splash attack to make healers more sought after. And for the mobs in the dungeon maybe give an exp bonus, if there isn't one already, so parties can choose to clear it all for a lot more exp. So far my experience was great and I look forward to seeing the game improve. Good luck!

• Like 2

" if you want people to fight and have some more fun maybe consider making a small fight at the end of area one. Maybe we can encounter Pupuce guards"

Very good idea, it would bring on level players to stop here and there to clear out the mobs before entering the mini fight instead of just walking to the next stage and being save!

The dungeon changes are great,

on-level player now have to kill mob groups one by one and work their way to the 2nd Stage. It doesn't feel slow like back in pre-alpha and it adds a lot to the dungeon feeling. The second tentacle phase at Pupuce feels good and isn't to hard to master!

The only problem i saw, was that on level players had a very hard time surviving basic boss attacks without a healer sometimes leading to 3-4/5 dead players at the end.

Agree with Reeser, with the mobs. Pupuce may be a little difficult for lvl 18-20 players. might need a 5%ish dmg reduction for the intended lvl range.