ZeddOTak

Letter to the community: Alpha release

The development of Naïca started a little over a year ago. Since then, the development team as well as the universe of Naïca have grown. In November, we announced the closed Alpha would be released early 2019 and starting from January we received a lot of messages asking us the exact date.

We have done several PvP tests but also some PvE tests with the first dungeon of Naïca located in the swamps, the area available for the closed Alpha. The players who participated have wandered on a small part of the swamps (Alpha's area is 5 to 6 times bigger) and fought numerous monsters way too strong for them.

These PvE tests raised several new issues we shared a few weeks back: balancing and communication. Players had almost zero chance to vanquish monsters while they were alone (or even in team) and the process to create a party, communicate with allies or even interact with NPCs and items were tiresome.

It can look easy to do but we are dealing with many issues that we must anticipate and/or fix in the moment. Naïca is our first video game, therefore every day we learn new things whether from our past mistakes or from solutions we want to bring to answer the needs of the community.

We expected to launch the closed Alpha of Naïca on Tuesday, 2nd April, but we realized the actual version of Naïca did not reflect the image of the game we wanted to show you. Then, we had two choices: either launch the Alpha on the planned date to keep our promise knowing that the quality of the content available will be lessened, or postpone the Alpha to an unknown date and take time to polish the entire available content. Because we are an indie video game studio without a publisher to impose us deadlines and because we all prefer to show you a great Alpha we opted for the second option, postponing the closed Alpha to an unknown date.

We will keep you updated about the development of Naïca as we always did (check this topic for regular informations) and we will announce you the launch date of the closed Alpha once it's ready.

Thank you for your support, and see you soon on Lazul's swamps!

Naïca Team

• Like 12

Glad to see you guys going for quality, take your time. 

• Like 2

Take your time, i think will be dissapointing for you show something at 40%, maybe, so you must be glad to show us something amazing, we will waiting

• Like 3

When I saw the ad for your game I had really high hopes. Gorgeous pixel-art that actually resembles that nostalgic 16-bit era really shows just how much effort went, goes and will go into this piece. I'm really eager to give Naica a shot, I can't wait, but your decision regarding postponing even the slightest open alpha/playtest/you name it shows how much you care about delivering a top tier game. Share more info about it, I can't have enough ❤️

• Like 2

Just take your time guys, this can be one great game and im glad i can follow its development and how it grows. 

Love for the game and its community ❤

• Like 2

Y creo que lo mejor sería lanzar el Alpha en el tiempo que se dijo, a pesar de los errores o bugs que tenga y seguir mejorandolos, haciendo actualizaciones, porque eso realmente quita las esperanzas y las ganas de jugar de las personas, yo por ejemplo desde mitad de año del año pasado que quería jugarlo jsjs.

Please take your time. I want you guys to be more excited to release the best possible version of the alpha then all of us are the play your game. I don't know if that is possible because I am super pumped haha!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We don't want to have a lackluster launch. Leaving more time polish rough edges will keep the community in tune and thirsty for more.

Edited by Flex
  • Like 1