So i was thinking, for pre alpha test you are going to use servers with 400slots but you have 110 000+ registered playes so i guess that is going to be a big problem. There is a lot of hype for this game and that means on release day many people will just wait for opening like countdown. That means there will be a lot of players in first 2 hours. Many people wont join. Difference in time zones, some player created more than one account and some other stuff bit lets say 40 000 people try to log in in first few hours. That 100 more than for pre alpha so my concern is that in first day will be a lot of crashes and disconnections. How are you planing to regulate that? I know there is just 8 people in your team so large servers are probably not an option so are you going to set max amount of players for release date or something else?

PS: Nice stream, love your work 

• Thanks 1

You've seen 400 slots but it's not for the pre-alpha it's for the PVE test next friday ...
I guess, a lot more slots will be available for the pre-alpha 😉

First, pre-alpha, is the things that come before the alpha, like the PvE test on friday. About the server, even if they can fit more people, they won't do it, because is hard to manage that. The tests are small because it is easy to identify bugs this way.

Oh, and about the alpha, don't worry, there won't even be a chance of that happening. Players will be given access sporadically, so there won't be any chance of 40.000 people joining the alpha... As it says, it is a closed alpha, and most of the players probably won't have access to it.

Edited by Lismo

As Lismo perfectly stated, we will have a certain control over the number of players for the closed Alpha so it will be easier to manage. The number of access is not known at the moment, we will send keys regularly and we do not want 100k+ players coming on day 1 on the servers because they will crash & burn.

• Laughs 2

2 hours ago, ZeddOTak said:

As Lismo perfectly stated, we will have a certain control over the number of players for the closed Alpha so it will be easier to manage. The number of access is not known at the moment, we will send keys regularly and we do not want 100k+ players coming on day 1 on the servers because they will crash & burn.

So how will you pick which players get to play and which don't?

Players will be choosen at random for the closed Alpha. As for the tests, you just have to register when it is announced!

Just now, ZeddOTak said:

Players will be choosen at random for the closed Alpha. As for the tests, you just have to register when it is announced!

So it doesn't matter i signed for alpha i would only be able to play when you give me the key to do so?

Of course it matters that you signed up, otherwise you have 0 chance to participate to the closed Alpha, nor the tests! Understand that we need to stabilize our game & servers before we make it available to ten of thousands of people, or the experience would be terrible. Time is a friend!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZeddOTak said:

Of course it matters that you signed up, otherwise you have 0 chance to participate to the closed Alpha, nor the tests! Understand that we need to stabilize our game & servers before we make it available to ten of thousands of people, or the experience would be terrible. Time is a friend!

Okey, thank you and good luck